Terms and conditions of use
1. These Terms
- Genuine Impact may modify these Terms from time to time without notice to reflect changes in market conditions affecting our business, changes in payment methods, changes in technology, changes in relevant laws and regulatory requirements and changes in our system. Such modification shall be effective upon posting by Genuine Impact on the Platform. You agree to be bound by any changes to these Terms when you use the Genuine Impact Services after any such modification is posted on the Platform. It is therefore important that you review these Terms regularly to ensure you are updated as to any changes.
2. Use of Genuine Impact Services
- Your use of all the Genuine Impact Services is governed by these Terms. Genuine Impact may at its absolute discretion refuse you access to Genuine Impact and/or cancel/terminate your registration without prior notice for any reason and you shall not be entitled to any compensation in respect of cancellation/termination of your registration.
- You must be 18 years of age or over to use the Platform and/or the Genuine Impact Services and to make any purchases.
- Use of the Platform or Genuine Impact Services requires a connection to the Internet and appropriate telecommunication infrastructure. We are not liable for any costs you may incur from use of such.
- The Platform may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavours except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by Genuine Impact. Illegal and/or unauthorised use of the Genuine Impact Services is prohibited. Unauthorised commercial advertisements, affiliate links and other forms of solicitation may be removed from Customer accounts without notice and may result in termination of Customer privileges. Appropriate legal action will be taken for any illegal or unauthorised use of the Genuine Impact Services. You are prohibited from selling, trading or otherwise transferring your Genuine Impact account to another party.
- You will need to register to use the Platform by creating an account with Genuine Impact. This is so that we can provide you with easy access to your personal section of the Platform. You can register directly with us in order to use the Platform and the Genuine Impact Services. If you choose to create an account with us, you agree to provide only accurate, complete registration information, and you will keep that information up-to-date if it changes. When you register to become a Customer, you need to submit your name and a valid email address. You are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account. You agree to notify Genuine Impact immediately if you suspect any unauthorised use of your account or any other breach of security. You shall be responsible for all activity occurring under your registration details and account. Genuine Impact cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with this section. Any accounts which have been registered with another person’s email address or with temporary email addresses may be closed without notice. We may require users to re-validate their accounts if we suspect use of an invalid email address.
- Genuine Impact disclaims any and all responsibility in relation to any offers made available on the Platform and any goods or services supplied in relation to it to the maximum extent permissible by law. Neither Genuine Impact nor its officers, employees or Affiliates may be held liable whether in relation to contract, warranty, tort (including negligence), product liability, tax matters or any other form of liability for any claim, damage or loss, arising from or relating to the provision of all or any goods or services sold or agreed to be supplied in connection with the Platform.
- Third party merchants (the “Merchants“) may advertise goods and services on the Platform from time to time. It is at the Merchant’s sole discretion to determine whether advertised packages can be used in conjunction with any other promotions, vouchers, third party certificates or coupons.
3. Customer Responsibility
- You warrant that all information you provide on registration and contained as part of your account on this Platform is true, complete and accurate and that you will promptly inform us of any changes to such information by updating the details in your account.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any services, content or information available through the Platform or the Genuine Impact Services meet your specific requirements.
- You agree to be bound, where applicable, by the Merchants’ own applicable terms and conditions, in relation to their own supply of their goods and services.
- You agree to act in a responsible and legal manner when using the Genuine Impact Services. You shall comply with all applicable laws, regulations and rules and undertake not to use the Genuine Impact Services for any unlawful purpose, for the commission of any offence or crime under the laws of any jurisdiction to which access is obtained through the Platform or in a manner which is likely to cause harm, offence or nuisance to any other Internet user.
- You agree not to use the Platform to:
- post content that is patently offensive and promotes racism, bigotry, hatred or harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- post content that contains violence, or offensive subject matter;
- post or promote information that you know is false or misleading or promotes illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libellous;
- post content or initiate communications which are unlawful, libellous, abusive, obscene, discriminatory or otherwise objectionable;
- post content that furthers or promotes any criminal activity or enterprise or provides instructional information about illegal activities;
- create a false identity on the Platform, impersonate any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent yourself, your name, your age or your affiliation with any person or entity;
- use the Platform for any illegal purpose, criminal or tortious activity, including but not limited to, fraud, spamming, spimming, sending of viruses or other harmful files, copyright infringement, patent infringement or theft of trade secrets;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content or initiate communications which include information that you do not have the right to disclose or make available under any law or under contractual or other relationships (such as proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements) or which infringes any intellectual property rights;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes or any other form of solicitation;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programmes or similar computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, limit or adversely affect the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Platform, in particular the non-public areas, the server on which the Platform is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Platform;
- attack the Platform via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack;
- interfere with or disrupt the Genuine Impact Services or servers or networks connected to this Platform, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to this Platform;
- display on the Platform or use in connection with the Platform any pirated software or any copyrighted materials or counterfeit materials without the permission of the copyright holder;
- display on the Platform or use in connection with the Platform any materials which in any way infringe the copyright, other intellectual property rights or proprietary rights of a third party or which may otherwise render Genuine Impact liable to the payment of damages to any third party.
- Genuine Impact reserves the right to investigate and take appropriate legal action against anyone who, in our opinion, violates this provision, including, without limitation, reporting you to appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- We reserve the right to remove or suspend any material posted which is, in our sole opinion, in breach of this clause, or which we suspect to be in breach of this clause at our absolute discretion. Genuine Impact shall be entitled to terminate your registration for breach of this clause.
- Other than personally identifiable information, which is covered under our Privacy Statement, any material you transmit or post to the Platform shall be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary.
- You understand that by posting materials and/or information on the Platform or otherwise providing materials to Genuine Impact via any media, you are granting us an irrevocable non-exclusive license to use such materials and information for any purpose in the course of offering the Genuine Impact Services.
- You represent and warrant that:
- (i) you own the materials and/or information posted by you on or through the Genuine Impact Services or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section 4, and
- (ii) the posting of your materials and/or information on or through the Genuine Impact Services does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, moral rights, intellectual property rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees and any other monies owing to any person by reason of any content posted by you to or through the Genuine Impact Services.
- You are permitted to print and download limited extracts from the Platform for your own personal use provided that:
- no documents or related graphics on the Platform are modified in any way;
- no graphics on the Platform are used separately from corresponding text; and
- Genuine Impact’s copyright and trade mark notices and this permission notice appear in all copies. Our status (and that of any identifying contributors) as the authors of any material on the Platform must always be acknowledged.
- You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
- You must not use, copy or reproduce any part of the materials on the Platform for commercial purposes, personal use or on any other digital platform without obtaining prior written consent to do so from us or our licensors.
- If you print off, copy or download any part of the Platform in breach of these Terms, your right to use the Platform will cease immediately and you must, at our option, return or destroy any copies of the materials you have made.
5. Intellectual Property
- The Platform contains intellectual property, which is the proprietary property of Genuine Impact (“Genuine Impact IP”). This includes, but is not limited to, copyrights, trade marks, information about technology, and other proprietary rights, and may be provided in the form of text, graphic, audio and video downloads, links or source codes. Genuine Impact retains the rights to the Genuine Impact IP and reserves all rights in respect of same.
- Subject to these Terms, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited, revocable right to access and use the Platform and the material displayed thereon. However, no right, title or interest in any such materials will be granted or transferred to you as a result of any permitted use of such materials.
- All materials incorporated in or accessible through the Platform, including, without limitation, text, photographs, images, graphics, illustrations, logos, button icons, audio clips, video clips, software and other content, and the compilation, collection, arrangement and assembly thereof (including the look and feel of the Platform), are owned, controlled or licensed by Genuine Impact, or by the original creators of such materials or their permitted licensors. Such materials may be used only for viewing the Platform in the ordinary course or as a resource for using the Genuine Impact Services through the Platform. Any other use of such materials, including any copying, reproduction, modification, sale, distribution, extraction, re-use, transmission, republication, downloading, display, posting, performance or other exploitation thereof by any means or medium without the prior written permission of the copyright owner is strictly prohibited.
- In respect of all content or material that you submit or post on the Platform:
- you grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute such material in any media, together with the right to sub-license such rights; and
- you confirm that you have obtained the consent of any individual identified in such material to the posting of the material on the Platform.
- The Genuine Impact IP is provided by Genuine Impact on an “as is” basis, and Genuine Impact expressly disclaims, to the extent permitted by applicable law, any or all warranties, express or implied, including without limitation warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, with respect to any Genuine Impact IP. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Genuine Impact excludes any or all responsibility and /or liability for any damages or loss of any kind whatsoever with respect to the Genuine Impact IP whether any of the foregoing are, without limitation, indirect, incidental, special, punitive, consequential or of any other kind whatsoever.
6. Suspension and Termination
- We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of these Terms through your use of the Platform. When a breach of these terms has occurred, we may take such action as we deem to be appropriate.
- You agree that Genuine Impact may, with or without cause and/or prior notice, immediately terminate your Genuine Impact account and/or your access to any Genuine Impact Services, or take any or all of the following actions:
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the Platform;
- refusal to post or publish any material provided by you on the Platform;
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any contribution, posting or material uploaded by you to the Platform;
- issue a warning to you;
- issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs, expenses, claims, proceedings, actions, losses, damages or liabilities incurred by us in relation to or arising from such a breach, on an indemnity basis;
- further legal action against you; and/or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- Without limiting the foregoing, the following will lead to a termination by Genuine Impact of your use of the Genuine Impact Services: (i) breaches or violations of these Terms or other incorporated Genuine Impact agreements or guidelines, (ii) requests by law enforcement or other government agencies, (iii) an express request by you, (iv) suspicion of fraud or (v) unexpected technical issues or problems.
- Termination of your Genuine Impact account includes removal of access to all offerings within the Genuine Impact Services and may also exclude you from further use of the Genuine Impact Services. Furthermore, you agree that all terminations shall be made at Genuine Impact’s sole discretion and that Genuine Impact shall not be liable to you nor any third party for any termination of your account or access to the Genuine Impact Services.
- We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of these Terms. The responses described in these Terms are not limited and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- By accepting these Terms, you agree to indemnify, keep us indemnified and otherwise hold harmless Genuine Impact, its officers, employees, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates and other partners from any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, and all other losses, costs, changes, demands, proceedings, and actions, howsoever incurred by Genuine Impact arising from any claims or legal proceedings which are brought or threatened against us by any person resulting from (i) your use of the Genuine Impact Services; (ii) unauthorised access to the Genuine Impact Services or (iii) any breach of these Terms by you or any other matter relating to the Genuine Impact Services.
- In the event that your contributions to the Platform infringe any rights of any third party, you shall, at your own expense and at our discretion, either obtain the right to use such contribution or render such contribution free from infringement.
8. Disclaimers and Limitations of Liability
- Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing, the material and content displayed on the Platform is provided on an “as is” and “as available” basis, without any guarantees, conditions or warrantees as to its accuracy or other terms of any kind. To the extent permitted by law, we, other members of our group of companies, our offers and directors and third parties connected to us hereby exclude:
- all conditions, warranties and other terms (whether express or implied) which may otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity, including without limitation:
- that the Platform and Genuine Impact Services are of satisfactory quality, accurate, timely, fit for a particular purpose or need, or non-infringing;
- that the Platform will meet your requirements, is error-free, without interruption or available at all times;
- that the results obtained from using the Platform, including any services or deals, will be effective reliable accurate or meet your requirements;
- warranties as to privacy and security other than as stated in our Privacy Statement;
- that you will be able to access or use the Platform or Genuine Impact Services at times or locations of your choosing; and
- any warranties on the basis of oral or written information, representations or statements given by a Genuine Impact representative; and
- any liability for any direct, indirect, consequential, special, incidental or exemplary loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with the Platform or in connection with the use, or results of the use of the Platform, any websites linked to them and any materials posted on them, including without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings, the use of money or opportunity;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill or reputation;
- wasted management, office time or personnel time;
- work stoppage, computer failure or malfunction; or
- any other loss or damage of any kind, howsoever arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable.
- Nothing in this section 8 affects our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
- While Genuine Impact endeavours to ensure that the Platform is normally available 24 hours a day, Genuine Impact is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email or players due to technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or on any of the Genuine Impact Services or combination thereof, including any injury or damage to your or to any person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in connection with the Genuine Impact Services. Access to the Platform may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Genuine Impact’s control.
- Genuine Impact will use reasonable endeavours to correct any errors or omissions as soon as practicable upon notification of them. However, we do not guarantee that the Genuine Impact Services or the Platform will be free of faults and we do not accept liability for any errors or omissions. Neither we nor our licensors shall be liable for any errors, inaccuracies or delays in the Genuine Impact Services or any content, or for any actions taken by you in reliance thereon. In the event of an error or fault, you should report it by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Genuine Impact reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Platform with or without notice. You agree that Genuine Impact shall not be liable to you or any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuation of the Genuine Impact Services.
9. Investment Advice
- Genuine Impact is not regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and does not offer any regulated services. The content, commentary and materials posted on the Platform are strictly for public information and distribution purposes only and are not intended to address your particular requirements. We disclaim all liability and responsibility arising from any reliance placed on commentary or materials by any user of this Platform, or by anyone who may be informed of any of its contents.
- You understand and agree that the Genuine Impact Services do not constitute any form of advice, recommendation, endorsement or arrangement. The information published on the Platform should not be interpreted as a recommendation for you to buy, sell, or hold that or any other security, financial product or investment. The opinions expressed on the Platform do not constitute investment advice.
- The Genuine Impact Services do not provide tax, legal or investment advice or opinion regarding the suitability, value or profitability of any particular security, portfolio or investment strategy. Independent advice should be obtained before making any such decision from your financial adviser, tax adviser or solicitor.
- In using the Genuine Impact Services you acknowledge that:
- the Platform, and the commentary, material and content displayed on the Platform, are provided for information purposes only and are not intended for trading purposes;
- the Platform may include certain information taken from stock exchanges and other sources from around the world;
- the provision of certain parts of the Platform may be subject to the terms and conditions of other agreements to which Genuine Impact is a party;
- you expressly agree that your use of the Genuine Impact Services and the Genuine Impact Platform is at your sole risk.
10. Governing Law
- The English courts will have exclusive jurisdiction over any claim arising in respect of, or related to, the Platform although we retain the right to bring proceedings against you for breach of these Terms in your country of residence or any other relevant country. These Terms will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.
- This Platform may contain links or references to other websites, these are provided for your convenience only. If you use these links, you leave the Platform. Genuine Impact has no control over third party websites and accepts no responsibility for any content, material, information intellectual property rights, accuracy or opinions expressed on such websites. Inclusion of any linked website on the Platform does not imply approval or endorsement of the linked website by Genuine Impact. When you access these third-party sites, you do so at your own risk, your use of such third party sites may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
12. Linking to the Website
- You may link to the website homepage provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in anyway so as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You may not mirror, screen scrape or otherwise reproduce all or any part of the website on any other site. Unless otherwise authorised in writing by us, you may not suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement of any website on our part.
- If you wish to make use of material on the Website other than set out above, please address your request to email@example.com.
13. General Terms
- Should any part of these terms and conditions for any reason be declared invalid or unenforceable by a court of a competent jurisdiction, it shall be deemed to be deleted without affecting the remaining provisions.
- The failure of Genuine Impact to exercise or enforce any right or provision of these Terms shall not operate as a waiver of such right or provision.
- We may revise these Terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we have made, as they are binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in these Terms may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Platform.
- These Terms operate to the fullest extent permissible by law. If any provision of these Terms is unlawful, void or unenforceable, that provision is deemed severable from these Terms and does not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms are personal to Genuine Impact and you.
- You may not assign, novate, sub-contract or otherwise transfer its part or all of these Terms, without the prior written consent of Genuine Impact.
- Nothing in these Terms shall create or be deemed to create a partnership, joint venture agency or employment relationship of any kind between you and Genuine Impact.
- Genuine Impact shall not be liable for delay or failure to perform any of its obligations under these Terms where and to the extent that such delay or failure results from any circumstances beyond its reasonable control.
- Unless otherwise stated in these Terms, notices to be given to either party shall be in writing and shall be delivered by hand, electronic mail (other than, if you are sending a notice to us for the purpose of legal process) sent by fax or by pre-paid post, to you at the address you supplied to us or to us at our registered office.
14. Contacting Genuine Impact
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding these Terms or material which appears on our Platform.
- These terms were created 30 November 2018.
- These terms were last updated 16 November 2019.